Armed Citizen’s Rules of Engagement
Location: FRC Range, 9378 S Choctaw Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70815
$400.00 ($200 Deposit) – Register Here
Massad Ayoob is personally teaching this two-day, 20-hour immersion course in rules of engagement for armed law-abiding private citizens, emphasizing legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers…threat recognition and mind-set…management of social and psychological aftermath after having had to use lethal force in defense of self or others…and preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered.
Prerequisite: None except except that participants have some proof of having passed criminal record check (a CHP will suffice). Email to discuss other options.
Cost: $400 – Previous MAG/LFI graduates get 50% “REFRESHER STUDENT” discount.
What do I bring?
Note taking materials. Laptop recommended, (you may also want to bring an extension cord/power strip) Audio / video recording of the class is not allowed.
If legal to do so, student may be armed in the classroom, but there will be no handling of firearms in the lecture setting.
This class is lecture only, there will not be any live fire.
Please bring your own lunches, snacks, beverages etc. We have a “working lunch” in all classes. Many of our facilities do not have a place close enough to purchase meals and get back in a reasonable amount of time. Also remember that many of our classes are 10 hour days so if you need another meal in that amount of time please bring it. Bring water, while we do provide water at all of our locations, it never hurts to bring some more. We teach in many locations and cannot guarantee the comfort of the chairs, if that might be an issue for you feel free to bring a cushion to sit on.
If you have any questions please email Scott Merrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 225-397-0199.
All Classes meet at 8:30 AM on the First Day
About Massad Ayoob, Instructor:
- Handgun editor of GUNS magazine and law enforcement editor of AMERICAN HANDGUNNER
- Author of more than a dozen books on firearms, self-defense, and related topics
- Considered to be the authoritative text on the topic of the use of lethal force
- The winner of the Outstanding American Handgunner of the Year Award in 1998
- One of approximately ten Five Gun Masters among the 10,000-member International Defensive Pistol Association
- Served 19 years as chair of the Firearms Committee of the American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers
- Received judicial recognition as an expert witness for the courts in weapons and shooting cases since 1979
- Founded the Lethal Force Institute in 1981 and served as its director until 2009
- Now trains through Massad Ayoob Group
- Served for two years as co-vice chair of the Forensic Evidence Committee of the National Association of Criminal Defense
- Appeared in each episode of Personal Defense TV (Sportsman’s Channel).